I know that Laura requested that I post this recipe. Like I said on the post about celebrating Taylor's birthday, this was his cake. We both love it. I took it for my breakfast for the next few days after I made it because I could not just throw a lot of it away if we didn't eat it all. I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad:
Ingredients-
2 cups pretzels, crushed
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp sugar
1 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperture - (i use 2 sometimes to make the middle layer thicker)
1 cup confectioners' (powdered) sugar
1 8 oz container cool whip
1 6 oz pkg strawberry flavored jello (large box)
2 cups boiling water
2 10 oz packages frozen strawberries, thawed
Directions-
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix pretzels, butter and sugar together. Pat in 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake about 10 minutes and cool. Cream the confectioners' sugar and cream cheese together. Stir in cool whip and spread on top of pretzel layer. Combine gelatin and boiling water. Stir in strawberries and mix well. Put in freezer for a little while, until it starts getting thick. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until top layer is congealed.
Serves 12.
3 comments:
favorite.salad.ever. just put the ingredients I need on my grocery list. now that's it in my head, baby's got to have it! :-)
IM totally gonna try this! Thanks for posting!
oooh, i want to make some!
Post a Comment