Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lazy Sunday

A lot was accomplished yesterday so today will be some what of a lazy day. Taylor is home, sleeping. He'll probably be in bed for most of the day. But lunch is in the oven and should be ready in about an hour so maybe I can get him up to eat a little bit. He'll be visiting the doctor first thing in the morning. 

I did check a few things off of my list yesterday and added a few more things as the day went on:
  • I washed ALL the dirty clothes
  • I cleaned out our closet
  • I took Miley on a LONG walk
  • I prepared lunch for today
  • I realized that something was all over the bottom of the oven (from my husband cooking a pizza directly on the rack last week). So I cleaned the oven last night in order to avoid filling the house with smoke while trying to cook lunch today.
  • I ironed and finally put the bed skirt that I've had since last summer on our bed.
  • I found an old dress in my closet that had never been worn (because the material was a little too thin to wear as a dress). So I decided to get the sewing machine out and hem the dress into a shirt. I love the way that it turned out! 
  • I found a new futon cover on sale at Target for $20 yesterday. So I brought it home and finally changed the ugly green cover that's been on it since Taylor's bachelor days.
I would say that I got a lot done. The only things that I plan of doing today are running the vacuum cleaner and dusting the house. Other than that, I believe that I'll be sitting outside enjoying this weather and taking care of my sick husband.

I love the weekends where I am able to stay home and get so much done. I am just not ready for Monday to get here yet.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

wow! you were productive!!! could you send a little of your motivation east to me??!

Kelli said...

ok, definitely little Marthe